funny monkey

Thursday 10 May 2012

CRY OF THE TANIWHA CHAPTER 16

Literacy

W.A.L.T:Find the meaning of words.

1. Find the meaning of the following Words:Console/Briefly/Bombarded/Edition/Pedant
  
Console:A panel or unit accommodating controls for electronic or mechanical equipment.

Briefly: For a short time.


Bombarded:Attack (a place or person) continuously with bombs, shells, or other missiles

Edition:A particular version of a text that has been created or revised from a substantially new setting of type.

Pedant:a piece of jewelry that hangs from a chain worn around the neck.

2. Find where each word is used during the chapter and give the page number and paragraph number.

Console: Paragragh 1 page 116

Briefly: Paragragh 2 page 116

Bombarded: Paragragh 10 page 116 

Edition: Paragragh 1   page 117

Pendant: Paragragh 2  page 117


3. Wow me with an amazing sentence for each word.

Console - My sister bought a game console.

Bombarded - I bombarded Shania  with horse 
information.

Briefly - I briefly explanied how to do maths.

Edition - I read the new horse magazine edition. 
 
 Pendant - My Mum bought me a new pendant.
 
By Jessie,Shania,and Hannah. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment